Our last Ofsted visit was on 1st October 2019:
The inspectors said:
- Portreath is a school which is very much at the heart of its community. Pupils have a strong sense of the contribution they can make, both locally and globally.
- Pupils display positive attitudes when they are in their lessons and during social time.
- Teachers build well on what pupils have learned before so that they are prepared for what will come next.
- The teaching of mathematics is now a strength of the school.
- Pupils with special educational needs and/or disabilities (SEND) are known and cared for well. Trained staff successfully support pupils’ social and emotional needs.
- The early years environment is organised to promote a range of skills. Children are enthusiastic and work well together.
- The arrangements for safeguarding are effective.
- Pupils say that they feel safe and are looked after well. The parents who responded to the Parent View survey agree.
To read our full report please click here.
DfE Performance Tables – http://www.education.gov.uk/schools/performance/