Welcome to Portreath School
Head Teacher’s Welcome
Portreath Primary school is a village school that prides itself on its very special relationship with its community. It is school where everyone knows and cares about each other. Portreath is a happy school that is committed to helping children do, and be their very best. We believe that happy children are the most successful learners. It is a place where children know they matter, they believe in themselves and try to be the best that they can be.
We see children as individuals with their own needs, interests and strengths. We want every child to feel special and feel listened to. We want everyone to feel proud of who they are and what they achieve. We focus on developing a good relationship with each child and knowing them as individuals. We want children to enjoy their childhood and have fun. We want to fill children with positive experiences and ignite their fires for learning. We aim to create lifelong learners with a passion for life and a inner confidence.
Building on the foundations already laid, home and school work closely together to ensure children attain high standards whilst enjoying and developing a love of learning. I am keen to ensure parents always feel welcome. I am available most days to chat to parents before or after school and if you need a longer meeting, Mrs Jones would be more than happy to make an appointment for you to meet with me. I understand that only by working together can we ensure the success of our children
Our school looks always to the future and we are keen to keep on improving. Recent developments have included:
- The improvement of the Early Years environment to make it more enabling and the children more independent
- Embedding the key learning behaviours-be brave, ready, resilient, responsible and happy
- Helping staff and children to develop a growth mindset
- Achieving Plastic Free Status by reducing the use of single use plastics
- A consistent approach to the teaching of phonics to support reading and writing
- Developing outdoor learning
We are currently developing:
- Our teaching of maths by adopting a mastery approach
- Working towards becoming a trauma informed and mental health aware school
- Exploring ways to engage children in order for them to produce high quality writing
There is always so much going on at Portreath School, with the children experiencing many enrichment opportunities. To get a flavour of this why not look at our weekly newsletters that are available on this website under the letters tab.
If you are interested in our school and would like to arrange a visit, please contact Mrs Caroline Jones, School Secretary, or myself, and we would be delighted to show you around.
Mrs Cassie Pamplin